Monday, March 31, 2008

NOW Magazine's Signature Dishes

NOW Magazine's most recent issue celebrates the 20 top signature dishes at various Toronto restaurants. Wondering where you can sample some of the best Toronto has to offer, without straying to far from home?

The Jerk Pork Pizza at Ghali Kitchen, located on the corner of Greenwood and Queen won "Best Pizza". From experience I can reccomend the "Burroti", which was wonderful and big enough that (when I picked one up for take out late one night) I could save a third of it for my husband to sample - but I couldn't resist finishing it off on the bus ride home!

Also recommended: the Pollo en Mole at El Sole at Danforth and Monarch Park. Just take a shortcut up through the park, (accessable through the tunnel at the top of Woodfield, and it's an eight minute walk to "an obscenely slow-simmered sauce that contains over 65 ingredients...to dazzle the tongue."

No comments: